Gary Hillerson is a technical consultant, software entrepreneur, and psychologist living in Santa Cruz County, on the Central Coast of California.
Gary's history includes various ventures and adventures:
- Principal software engineer for two CAD companies, 1979-1982
- One of three principals who developed a user interface toolkit for Unix workstation software that was highly success from 1982 to 1989.
- Earned a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute, and began working as a psychotherapist in 1991.
- Have written numerous technical books for Silicon Valley companies, including Apple, Microsoft, Sun, Palm, and Cisco.
- Owner/President/Software Architect for StyleEase Software, which has sold APA-Style software to college students since the mid-90s.
- Project architect for an online course taught at a local college, and for an APA-Style online course hosted by StyleEase.
- Developer of iPhone apps
Gary is available for work on various projects of interest, particularly projects that have social relevance and involve designing intuitive and truly useful user interfaces.